Do you love Cape May? Do you love food: Can you command a crowd, make them laugh, and have everyone eating our of the palm of your hand? If so, this job is for you!
Cape May Food Tours, LLC, which offers award winning tours of Cape May, New Jersey’s tastiest neighborhoods, is seeking passionate, highly energetic and empathetic people as Tour Guides. Positions are part time and/or on-call. Applicants must possess strong leadership abilities, charisma, a wonderful sense of humor, excellent communication skills and a deep passion for Cape May and its food. We conduct our Public Tours starting on or about Memorial Day Weekend and ending the last week in September. To learn more about what we do, please visit: www.CapeMayFoodTours.com.
Leading a food tour is a combination of quick thinking on your feet, advanced storytelling and escorting groups from one location to another. We provide you with lots of help to get you up to speed on information about Cape May, its history, and its incredible foods. Once you’re up and leading a food tour, you’ll be amazed that you’re getting paid handsomely for something so ridiculously fun and rewarding. If you think you have the improv and leadership skills required, then please apply before all available Tour Guide positions are filled.
WHAT TO KNOW
Only applicants living close to or in Cape May area will be considered. Must be available to lead tours from June through September. ( June and September Tours usually Thurs-Sun. ) Some flexibility on days to work. Tours are 3 hours long. Must be available to work at 1pm-4pm. Applicants must be over 18 years of age. Please, no applicants who must leave before our season ends.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until all positions are filled
Send email to: info@CapeMayFoodTours.com with the following:
1. A witty explanation (max 500 words) of why you’d make the perfect Tour Guide.
2. Full resume as simple text inside the body of the email: NO resume attachments
3. One recent photograph of yourself ( as attachment: no larger than 3MG)
4. Indicate which days of the week (including weekends) you are available to lead tours from beginning of June through the end of September.
5. Use the following format in the email Subject line: “Your Last Name, Your First Name -Tour Guide Application 2019”
6. Let us know if you would prefer certain days or times for your interview and if you are able to meet in Cherry Hill, NJ or Cape May, NJ for your interview. Our usual meeting location is a restaurant.
Send email to:
Mary Ockrymiek at:
If we see a good fit, we will email you with information on your interview (date, time, location, etc.) including what you can expect when we meet and more details on orientation and eventual employment.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION:
Tour Guides also need: to have internet access, own a mobile phone and respond in a timely fashion to texts, emails and calls.